Saturday, November 10, 2012

WELCOME


Hello one and all!!
This page is my half-cocked attempt at starting a new blog and getting my voice out there.  I know it’s a novel idea that is almost unheard of in the age of Facebook and Pinterest, but I am going to do it anyway!  Am I self-deluded enough to think you care about anything I say?  Absolutely.

This blog will be dedicated to considering the social and cultural aspects of what’s going on in our rapidly evolving world, be it entertainment, music, art or a beer I drank somewhere in Brooklyn last week.  If that’s not vague enough, what I intend to write about is what informs our cultural norms and what is the subtext, pretext or any kind of related text in each blog’s subject.  In other words, I am not going to review a movie to give you my profound opinion on whether it deserves three stars, a plus or minus letter grade or some kind of meticulously aimed appendage rating.  No.  Instead, I am going to try to add perspective and see how WE as a society can influence what we consume and enjoy.  Think of it as a really long, but cool tweet.  So sit back, smoke ‘em if you got ‘em and welcome to DCROWSNEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment